Sunday, July 26, 2009

A little to say about nothing.

Cody’s turned 5 on July 20. Happy Birthday!! It, of course, was just another day to him. Thank goodness, as I forgot until later that day. He got a belated trip to the dog park for my neglect!


It is a scorcher!! I am loving this summer heat!!! This week the forecast is 95+ every day!! Did I mention NO humidity!!


I have discovered Twitter & Twitterfeed. I must admit I like it. I can feed the blogs and various news updates I receive to twitter instead clogging my e-mail inbox.


I have found a radio station that plays 80’s music. Nothing like a little The Cure & Morrissey to start the day. And, this past weekend there was plenty of the ‘80s hair bands such as Def Leppard. Another station was playing John Denver. Ah, nothing like Rocky Mountain High, Colorado!! Good stuff!


I do believe Portland driving is going to be my undoing. It is painfully slow!!!


Given it may be a few months before I have a place of my own, I collected my clothes out of storage. When I opened the boxes, I realized after a month in the "big" city, my clothes are horribly dated. This was confirmed when I took them to the consignment shop. I believe what the woman at the consignment shop said was the Portland look was a bit “harder.” The woman at the consignment shop was a double for Maxxe by the way. The woman who went on the Guatemala trip with me. At any rate, the consignment shop woman was right so we put the clothes in a barrel to go to a local charity. Hell, I had a cute little suede jacket with, uh, shoulder pads! Scary! I kept the jacket though, it is super cute, I couldn’t part with it. Yes, it is a sickness.


I don’t think I am edgy enough for Portland. I need to reinvent myself, which just might include a tattoo. There are many tattooed people in Portland. I understand it is an art expression, but I struggle with the amount I see on the neck and chest. I saw a woman today with angel wings around her neck. I think this must be the naivety or perhaps ignorance of youth. What exactly does she think those wings are going to look like as she begins to lose her youthful tautness? Is this something that twenty somethings don’t think about? Perhaps it just doesn’t matter. I suppose she can figure that out when she gets on the other side of 35. All I know, is I preferred my youth of thick black eyeliner and heavy blue eyeshadow. There are only photos to remind me vs. looking like Tammy Fay. I wouldn’t mind a tattoo, but it will be discreet and in place that will have minimum sag. So needless to say it won’t be on my butt. Ha ha!!


People amuse me! Last week I got on the elevator at floor 16 along with another woman heading to floor G. A man from engineering got in at floor 12 and hit the floor 3 button. The sigh from the woman was audible to us both. The man said something I don’t remember, it might have even been an apology about not going to G. He was met with a very stern gaze from the woman who then looked at me as if I shared her frustration. The thing is, I am not sure what exactly was making her so angry. I laughed and said, “Well, we almost made it to G. Oh well.” This made me the object of the stern gaze the man had just received. I found myself engaging in babbling happy chatter with the man because I didn’t want him to feel bad and the woman’s angry energy was making me nervous. When I we exited at G, I remembered something a former boss used to say, “You choose your attitude.” I admit some days it doesn’t feel that way, but it is true.


Funny things overheard

“Do you think I am going to smell by the end of the week.” The young girl said to her friend as she got in the car. Hmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I thought you were moving into your own place on Aug 1, what happened?
    You have become more introspective since moving.
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete