Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm Alright!

After a free meal from a lovely couple who wanted to thank Caroline and her friend (who were in their military uniforms) and a good night's rest, I backed out of Caroline's driveway to Kenny Loggins' song, "I'm Alright." I thought that was perfect as Cody spent the morning looking for the groundhogs. I drove along 11S following the Susquehanna River. I wasn't sure what to make of the high crash area and high DUI crash area signs. Interesting! I guess consider yourself warned!


Highlights from the day:
81S thick with trucks!

* Cody was much calmer, but he almost lept out the window when I had to drive along the rumble strips due to construction. It scared me to death!! He is not a fan of those rumble strips!

* Giant size Benjamin Moore paint can! I painted my entire condo with Benjamin!

* Dropped phone in Cody's water dish. It now turns itself on & off and the voice mail lady sounds like she is under water. I hope it makes it to Oregon!

* Saw this on the back of a windshield. " Christ is coming! Are you ready? Get laid." Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

* Passed a very large white steel cross with the sign, Open Baptist Church. I kept driving!

*Drove Sky Line Drive through Shenndoah National Park.
Absolutely stunning!!!
Highest point in Shenandoah - 2980 ft.












* Halfway through the National Park, I took a two mile walk with Cody. I saw a mama bear and her two cubs!! I had tied Cody to a tree across the street so I could take pictures. As I was trying to get a good shot without being a National Park visitor don't by distracting the bears, I noticed Cody was standing next to me eating grass. I am still mystified how he got loose! At least he wasn't hit by a car, but I did miss the shot. I find it interesting he had no interest in the large crowd the bears had drawn. I am very glad the bears did not get his attention. I took A LOT of pics so if interested in seeing more click on this photo to link to my Picasa Album.
Journey west!


The day was much longer than I anticipated, but I really really enjoyed the drive. I am resting now in Lexington, VA.

MORE RUMBLE STRIPS - Cody trying to escape!

3 comments:

  1. Great pic of Cody :) Seriously glad he didn't go after the bears!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my morning entertainment!! I just sit at my desk and laugh. The pictures are amazing. Keep them coming!! Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shenandoah is beautiful, I'm jealous. My neck hurts, my frown is so deep it's on the back of my head, I start my new class tonight, and I want/need a marguerita.
    I watched a movie set in Portland, Feast of Love, it was a good movie. It was set in a coffee shop called Jitters. Look for it, they seem like nice people! :)

    ReplyDelete