Monday, June 8, 2009

Portland


Cody had me up super early puking! I feel so bad for him!! Although, I have to admit I am feeling anxious as well now that the adventure has ended. I am bit of culture shock and I miss my routine and people I know.
I am sitting at Starbucks with Lucinda Williams playing (LOVE HER MUSIC) one block from my new place of work. I wrote up Sunday last night so thought I would post before I head over to get orientated. I don't have to be there until 8:30 for those wondering.

I woke up to a beautiful sunny day in Boise. I went on a quick walk with Cody, loaded the car, & drove to Starbucks. I felt a little sad that the journey was coming to a close. Now reality! Now a different type of journey. Nervousness and fear surfaced when I drove into West Linn, but suppose that comes with any major life change. For 20 years, I have been a visitor to Oregon and now I am soon to be a resident! I think I am still trying to wrap my mind around that.

The last leg was a straight shot with rest and gas stops only. I have to admit, I was tired of driving and this time the scenery was a lot more familiar. Plus, my mind was on the past and the future. I did drive through the gorge all windows down. I think Cody thought I had lost my mind as he kept looking at me! What can I say, you have to try it!

The first gas stop in Oregon I was startled when an attendant approached me as I was getting out of the car and asked me if I wanted to fill it. Another thing I have been doing for 20 years, getting my own gas. Although, I suspect I am going to come to appreciate this on rainy days! What I am not so sure about it is waiting for them to come back. I know, I know, patience grasshopper!

Highlights and playlist
Aggressive drivers chill or pay the bill.
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back.
When life sucks, there is HOPE! Hmmmmmm, I went by too fast to write the # down. It would have been interesting to know who answered the phone
Passed the 45th parallel
Confuse a liberal. Use logic and facts. INTERESTING, I will leave it at that.
Woman hitch hiking along 84W. SCARY

REM, Pogues, Depeche Mode, SEAL, & Van Morrison

1 comment:

  1. Welcome! Give me a call and let me know if you and Cody want to come over for dinner Wednesday evening.

    - Rania

    ReplyDelete