Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hasta Próximo Tiempo


I won't add much to our final days as Chris did a nice summary already. However, what I will add is goodbyes are hard so Maxxe and I stuck with the phrase, until next time. I found Thursday our final day to be filled with a lot of emotion, which started at the house blessing. The woman's tears of gratitude struck a chord that left a lump in my throat and raw emotions at the surface. At the staff goodbye I wanted to say something to the staff and my team members, but did not trust my emotions and also did not believe there were words that could possibly capture what I felt. This was an amazing experience and the people and families I met touched and opened my heart. I feel so fortunate to have shared this experience with a wonderful group of people who I mostly found through flier and internet postings. I truly believe people come into your lives for a purpose. Each person contributed something meaningful and wonderful to my experience and the larger shared experience.

Friday we said goodbye one by one as we boarded planes back home. Thank you all. I hope we cross paths again!

Hasta Próximo Tiempo

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment