Saturday, March 14, 2009

Time for Reflection

I had a bit of a rough night last night - call it the Guatemalan equivalent of Moctezuma's Revenge. As a consequence, I was unable to accompany the rest of the team on a hike up Volcan de Agua. However, I now have some more time to update this blog.

I echo Debbie's thoughts on wanting to know the language. It has made communication between Paty - one of the IT staff here at Common Hope - and I very hard. She knows English, but I think things would be easier if we both could switch back and forth between the two languages, whenever it is convenient to do so. Clearly, some things are more succinctly expressed in Spanish, and vice-versa.

Indeed, even if I am able to author solutions to issues the Common Hope IT staff are having with some of their internal applications, I am not sure I will be able to adequately convey what exactly I did, reducing the amount of benefit from the knowledge I gained while working with these systems.

It is an interesting challenge, and perhaps I will be able to come up with a solution before we depart, though the number of days left are scant.

No comments:

Post a Comment